NOTE : If you do not have an account, please first sign up. Thank you.
- If you are a first-time user, before applying for any vacancy, create your candidate profile by clicking here.
- If you are an existing user, click on the "Applay for this vacancy" button, fill out your credentials and click on Log In.
- Once you are logged in, you can access your profile by clicking on your name in the upper right corner.
- Please note that only applications received through this career portal will be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
|Job Title:||STATISTICIAN (1 Position)|
|Directorate:||Strategy and Business Development Directorate|
|Department:||Market Intelligence and Information Department|
|Reports To:||MARKET INTELLIGENCE AND INFORMATION MANAGER|
|Job Summary & Key Duties & Responsibilities:||
To provide timely statistics on coffee at farm level, processor level, export level, roaster level and cafes/coffee shops level, and also make annual projections at production, export and consumption levels at the beginning of the financial year using sound methodologies.
Provide support in the preparation of departmental annual budgets and work plans, and
4. Establish and maintain a comprehensive coffee statistics database for UCDA, and provide support in the computation of monthly CESS for exporters.
5. Make production forecasts from different coffee regions and carry out quarterly stock and production surveys in the different regions and at exporter levels.
Prepare and disseminate periodic statistical reports for the Authority.
|Qualification, Experience, Skills & Competencies:||
1. A Master’s Degree in Statistics, or Business Statistics, or closely related field obtained from a recognised institution.
2. Honours Bachelor Degree in Statistics, or Economics and Statistics, or relevant field from a recognised institution.
3. At least five (5) years relevant working experience in a public institution or reputable organisation.
4. Proficiency in Statistical Methodologies of carrying out surveys
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
1. Extensive knowledge & experience of the entire coffee value chain & proficient in agricultural statistics, forecasting and marketing.
2. Good communication skills and able to handle clients’ data & information requests promptly.
3. Be reliable and have ability to handle statistical analysis related to the coffee sector (national and global).
4. Good analytical and drafting skills
5. Proficiency in usage of statistical analysis packages such as: SPSS, STATA, Excel, MS ACCESS, Epinfo.
6. Team work.
|Apply for this Vacancy >>|