NOTE : If you do not have an account, please first sign up. Thank you.
- If you are a first-time user, before applying for any vacancy, create your candidate profile by clicking here.
- If you are an existing user, click on the "Applay for this vacancy" button, fill out your credentials and click on Log In.
- Once you are logged in, you can access your profile by clicking on your name in the upper right corner.
- Please note that only applications received through this career portal will be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
|Job Title:||BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION OFFICER|
|Directorate:||Strategy and Business Development Directorate|
|Department:||Business Development and Innovation Department|
|Reports To:||BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION MANAGER|
|Job Summary & Key Duties & Responsibilities:||
Provide technical support to the Authority in budgeting, development and review of Coffee sub-sector strategic plans, UCDA Corporate plans, programs/projects, and annual work plans in line with the National Planning and Budgeting Frameworks.
1. Carry out research for the review, analysis and formulation of Coffee Sub-sector/UCDA strategies and plans to guide in determining priorities and resources allocation.
2. Participate in the analysis of national and sector development policies, plans and public expenditure programs, and in the formulation of business development strategies and innovations for the benefit of the coffee sub sector.
3. Provide technical support in the preparation of the Budget Framework Papers for onward submission and consolidation in the Agriculture Sector Budget Framework Papers.
4. Provide technical input in the development of policies, plans, programs/projects
5. Provide support to Directorates, Departments and Units in preparation of their annual/quarterly work plans and budgets, and updating of the Program Budgeting System (PBS).
6. Provide technical input in the preparation of concept notes, presentations, policy briefs, and reports
7. Monitor and evaluate the Implementation of Authority’s plans, programmes and projects
8. Support the development and organizing of training programmes to build the capacity of UCDA Staff in development of plans and strategies.
9. Provide periodic reports on activity implementation and submit them to Supervisor for review and guidance.
10. Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Management from time to time.
|Qualification, Experience, Skills & Competencies:||
1. A Master’s Degree in Economics or Economic Policy and Planning/ Economic Policy Management or Quantitative Economics, or closely related field, from a recognized institution.
2. An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, or Quantitative Economics, or Economics and Statistics, or relevant field, obtained from a recognized Institution.
3. At least five (5) years working experience in the area of planning, policy analysis in a Public or development- oriented reputable organization.
4. Working knowledge of Government systems, planning and budgeting, reporting
1. Planning, budgeting skills and analytical skills;
2. Good knowledge of the budget policy, and Public Finance Management Act 2015;
3. Good numeric, report writing, communication and presentation skills;
4. Good Information Communication Technology (ICT) skills;
5. Good teamwork and time management skills;
6. Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible enough in addressing different situations;
7. Be result-oriented and able to work under tight deadlines.
|Apply for this Vacancy >>|